What is it?
The Leading Learning Tribe is a virtual experience for high-performing administrators and learning directors desiring to grow as leaders supporting teachers and staff while influencing learning culture.
With a coach and a community of collaborators, you share frameworks and strategies for leading continuous improvement within your schools and organizations for the 2020 school year.
There will be thought and work concentrating on standards in:
- Leading student and adult learning
- Leading continuous improvement
- Leading with knowledge and data
- Ensuring a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment*
Who is it for?
This is for principals, directors, and instructional coaches ready to move toward changing learning environments for their students and communities.
When is it?
The experience and community will begin in February 2020 and continue until December 2020.
How does it work?
The coaching and collaboration will be facilitated using Zoom and Discord. Once you are registered, you will receive your starter kit and first book via mail in February.
Online groups sessions and curated resources will drive the learning and sharing in this network. You will be engaged in :
- One online group- coaching session per month. (Sessions are live and recorded for anytime access. Using Zoom Video.)
- Access to a professional online network of school leaders to ask questions and share discourse. (Using Discord platform.)
- One curated ed/leadership book every 2 months with video summary and group forums. (You can request an already highlighted physical book.)
- Bi-weekly newsletter with relevant articles and podcasts.
How is this different from day-trainings or conferences?
Conferences and trainings are great ways to be introduced to declarative knowledge, new ideas, and basic skills. Engaging with a coach and a community over a longer period of time helps push knowledge into practice.
If you are looking for more than learning Hyperdocs, Google Apps, or hearing the latest motivational speech, this is for you.
Who is coaching this experience?
The coach for this experience is Yancy Unger. Yancy is a learning leader with 15 years of experience in developing people and leading complex change. Yancy recently took a sabbatical to return to the classroom this past school year to reconnect to the focus of his work: the students. There will also be guest moderators for group sessions.
What is the investment?
The cost to join the network for the 2020 year is $700.
(You might be able to have your school reimburse this using professional development funds such as Title IIA.)
What if I have more questions?
You can call or text Yancy directly at (812)360-1783
How do I join?
Fill out our short online registration form to receive a proposal. Once you accept the proposal you are registered for the cohort and can expect a starter kit to arrive in February.